HEALTH & WELLNESS The new kid on the block has been around for quite a while, but recently Guava, has become a popular fruit amongst health aficionados, due to its exceptional health benefits including but not limited to
- Brain health- Vitamins B3 and B6 stimulate healthy brain and nerve function, while promoting healthy blood flow in the brain.
- Cancer prevention- Vitamin C is a magnanimously powerful antioxidant that fights off cell damaging free radicals which may cause cancer. Also, its high fiber content will flush your body of toxic wastes and help prevent colon cancer.
- Diabetes care- The high fiber content in guavas is very helpful for diabetics, as it slows down the absorption of sugar in the body.
- Diarrhea/Constipation- Guavas are alkaline-rich and have antibacterial and disinfectant abilities, which are phenomenally effective in treating such ailments as diarrhea and dysentery. Its high fiber content is beneficial in relieving constipation.
- Eye health- Vitamin A improves and maintains high visual acuity.
- Fertility- Folate, as found in Guava, is a great nutritional tool for increasing fertility.
- Heart health- Guava is laden with potassium, which is known to regulate sodium in the body and normalize blood pressure.
- Immunity- Vitamin C is an incomparable immune system booster and can stave off the onset and symptoms of the cold, flu and various other infections and viruses.
- Relaxation- Magnesium is a terrific muscle relaxer.
BEAUTY Super Food powers activate! Lucky for both of us, the antioxidant properties in guavas make these super-duper foods, because they have such amazing antioxidant abilities, that they can fight premature aging and promote strong, lustrous hair plus strong, healthy nails.
WEIGHT LOSS The vast amount of fiber in guava, 9 grams in one cup, is the perfect diet enhancer, as it will keep you feeling full between meals and flush out your body on a more regular basis, resulting in steady weight loss.
I have been eating the Guava paste on air popped rice cakes with a chocolate covered cherry peanut butter, as well as straight out of the package for a week now. I love it because it tastes like a fruit rollup, which makes me happy! You will find many delicious recipes by googling guava or by getting ideas from the link below. If you decide to try this for any of the above please come back and let me know how it worked for you in the comments below.